We asked a 10-woman expert panel of women golfers, and they told us about the agony of golf on the road.
Here, they also told us about the ecstasy. Golf resorts who’d like to make our Top 10 Golf Resorts for Women next year, take heed.
AHHHH: Here’s what we love to find at golf resorts
- The no-tipping policy. That’ll get you a smile every time
- Unlimited golf, for BOTH of us!
- A separate toilet in our room. Our Canadian friends call it the water closet.
- Breakfast at the range: More time to sleep in.
- Half-bottles of wine. Leave the airlines their miniatures.
- Club storage. We love seeing our stuff magically appear on the cart each day.
- Co-ed spa lounges. Why shouldn’t we be able to share the experience with him?
- A bench in the clubhouse ladies room. So we don’t fall over changing shoes.
- Oh, and in the on-course ladies room (you do have one, don’t you?): sunscreen, hand lotion, mouthwash, hairspray. Now we’re set for all 19 holes.
- 2 p.m. checkout. Now we can play in the morning and THEN load the car.
- The extra round in golf packages. We love to be able to play on arrival or departure day.
- Southwest Airlines and JetBlue. Golf clubs fly free.
Did we leave anything out you hope to find when you stay at a golf resort? Please let us know.