AN EXPERT PANEL panel chose GottaGoGolf‘s Top 10 U.S. Golf Resorts for Women 2015. We’d like all women golfers to help us this year, and we’re offering gifts along the way as incentive.
The first stage of the process is nominations. Think about where you’ve been, where your friends have been and where you’d like to go someday. Check out the things our panel really likes in a golf resort, and the things that make us go “Argggh!”
And then consider the following criteria:
- Does the golf resort set at least one forward tee at under 5,200 yards?
- Does the golf resort have multiple tees rated for women?
- What kinds of golf amenities, such as practice facilities, female staff and instructors, on-course restrooms, healthy snack, etc., does the resort offer?
- What other activities are accessible at and around the property?
- How easy is it to get around the golf resort? (Parking, driving, walking, shuttle.)
- How are the accommodations? Do they have features and amenities designed for women?
- Do you get your money’s worth?
- How’s the setting? Is it pretty or do houses and buildings encroach?
- Are there other attributes that make it particularly women friendly? For instance, is it owned and/or run by women, or does it have a history of hosting important tournaments for women?
- Important last year to our panel, how many seasons have good weather for golf?
- And, important last year to a poll of GottaGoGolfers on what makes a golf resort great for women, does the resort have more than 18 holes?
We’re putting our 10 winners of 2015 on a ballot and would like to add 25 more nominees. If you take the time to nominate a golf resort in the comments below by NO LATER THAN JUNE 30, 2016, and tell us why it’s great for women, we’ll email you a code for a free e-reader copy of Confessions of a Golf Slut: A memoir of life, love and The Game for your summer beach bag.
We’ll put the ballot together July 1 and start the voting in the July 6 newsletter, and we’ll have prizes awarded to randomly selected voters who subscribe to GottaGoGolf. So make sure you sign up for our monthly newsletter, share this post on your social media pages and help us select GottaGoGolf‘s Top 10 U.S. Golf Resorts for Women 2016!
Check out last year’s summer issue of GottaGoGolf for descriptions on more great U.S. golf resorts for women. The floor is now open for nominations.